Websites with Impact
One of our websites got the author a gig on the Travel Channel’s The Dead Files! If you want that kind of far-reaching exposure, read on.
First, you need to get some info and visual assets together.
• A registered domain and website hosting plan. If you’d like us to take care of these items, skip this for now. You can indicate your interest in us taking care of it for you in our Questionnaire when the time comes.
• Your headshot, 5×7” at 300 dpi (1500 x 2100 pixels). For tips and tricks, go here.
• Your author bio. Tips and tricks here.
• If you’re already published, whether traditional or indie, high-res images of your book covers, back-cover blurbs, and a few of your best reviews.
• Your social media URLs.
• The URLs of some author websites you like.
(Semi-) Technical Information
Content Management System
We use WordPress exclusively. Easy to use, open-source, constantly updated.
Don’t want to learn the backend of your website? Let us update and maintain your website for a nominal monthly fee.
Our Exhaustive Website Design Questionnaire
Once you have all your goodies together, you’ll take our questionnaire, in which we gather information about you, your writing, and your design preferences.
“Lisa at Brainstormes Creative helped build my website using fragments from a long abandoned project. As an author, she understands the need for branding and message discipline. She was responsive, intuitive and spot on with my requests. The end result was a website that exceeded my expectations and helped me launch my project.”David Rupert
Let’s Work Together
Let us take one more thing off your to-do list.